Due to an exciting period of growth and new client wins, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a super-organised and proactive individual to join us in a HR administration/support role on a full or part time basis.
Our story began in 2014. Having built a successful HR career within high growth tech companies, and with a passion for technology and innovation, our Founder Lisa Thomson had a vision to deliver pragmatic and commercial HR support tailored perfectly to the needs of early stage and high growth businesses.
Purpose HR is a small, fast-growing consultancy working exclusively with entrepreneurial startup and scaleup businesses with a niche focus in the Technology, Engineering and Life Sciences sectors. Our flexible support enables businesses to scale to their full potential through the attraction, retention and development of key talent.
We are exceptionally proud of our client base and are a trusted HR partner to some of the most innovative and high growth investor backed businesses in Scotland and beyond.
We are a values-driven organisation and pride ourselves on working practices which demonstrate this. Trust, empathy and equality are at the heart of everything we do.
This new role has been created to help support the development of our growing team and allow us to respond to increased requirements for new and existing clients. It is a broad role providing HR administration and recruitment support, both internally to our team of experienced HR consultants and also directly to our clients.
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly motivated and talented close-knit team of HR professionals, to develop your HR knowledge and skills, and to help provide HR consultancy support and outstanding service to a range of high growth innovative clients.
In this varied role you can expect to be working on the following tasks and duties as the main focus of your days:
- HR record keeping and systems administration
- Provide HR administration support to clients relating to each stage of the employment lifecycle
- Manage client HR administration systems and reporting
- Collate and prepare market and benchmarking data and reports
- Recruitment administration – advertising, managing response, candidate communications, interview arrangements, initial screenings
- Contract and offer letter preparation
- Referencing and pre-employment checks
- Onboarding and induction process coordination – record keeping and management on behalf of clients
- General administrative support to the HR Consultancy team and fulfil client project needs
- Prepare documentation on behalf of clients to support internal processes such as appraisals, probation, absence management, employee relations cases, benefits administration, leaver processes
- Monitor client HR inboxes and respond to or escalate support queries as required
- Occasional note taking support to consultants and clients during formal HR meetings and workshops
- Diary coordination and support for HR consultants
- Coordinate, track and monitor training activities and records management
- Support leaver processes, exit interviews and coordination
- Prepare, review and refresh template client toolkits and documentation
- Represent Purpose HR externally at events and on social media, and act as ambassador to support marketing and sales activities and business growth.
As a small company, we require our team members to be open to getting stuck in to a wide range of tasks and possess a real can-do attitude. A willingness and motivation to turn your hand to a variety of projects is essential! To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Highly organised, diligent and with strong attention to detail.
- Effective people skills – builds trust, rapport and confidence with clients and internally within the Purpose HR team – demonstrates integrity to build trust and strong relationships.
- Discretion and an awareness and understanding of strict confidentiality requirements.
- Forward thinking and innovative approach – curious and outward-focused, constantly looking to improve and develop tools, processes and solutions.
- Responsive and client-focused – recognises the importance of facilitating an excellent client experience and representing the Purpose HR brand externally.
- Remains calm and clear-headed under pressure, capable of balancing multiple tasks and prioritising effectively.
- Solution-focused and flags potential problems or concerns promptly with proposals for resolution.
- Committed to continuous improvement and ongoing learning and personal development.
This is a fast-paced role in a growing early-stage company and the above list of tasks and responsibilities is not exhaustive. As a member of our small team you will have the opportunity to be involved in a broader range of activities than those described above, and to develop your HR, client facing and consultancy skills.
This role offers an ambitious individual fantastic scope to learn and progress.
Benefits of working for us
We offer a range of flexible working patterns to suit individual circumstances. The role will be home based for the remainder of 2020 at least, and there may be a future requirement to work some of your hours in a co-working office space in Edinburgh city centre.
Purpose HR actively supports employees professional and personal development with access to ongoing training and learning opportunities.
We are offering a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience, and a benefits package including pension and a generous holiday entitlement.
If this opportunity is of interest and you would like to be part of our exciting growth journey, please apply with a detailed CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please tell us why you would like this role, how your experiences matches the requirements and what added value you could bring to our team.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30 October 2020.
At Purpose HR we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.