Vacancy – Office Manager
Office Manager – role description
(Part time c.25 hours per week – across 4 or 5 days)
Central Edinburgh – 5 minutes from Waverley Station
Purpose HR is a niche provider of HR consultancy services to high growth and early stage businesses. We have recently taken on a number of new clients and grown our own team and are now seeking an enthusiastic and proactive Office Manager to join us to develop and take ownership of our internal operations, supporting our small fun and welcoming team of HR Consultants to focus on client facing delivery.
This position is key to accelerating the growth of the business and will undertake internal activities within the company as an active behind-the-scenes partner. We are looking for someone who enjoys taking on new responsibilities and covering a variety of working tasks.
You will be an excellent communicator with high attention to detail and a confident, friendly can-do attitude. You will have excellent administrative and organisational skills.
We provide a full end to end outsourced HR service and consultancy to early stage and high growth businesses, working with some of Scotland’s most exciting innovative businesses. The majority of our clients are investor backed and operate in the technology, engineering and life sciences sectors.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• Executive Assistant support to the CEO – diary management and scheduling, travel booking and itineraries, email monitoring and support
• Support with preparing for meetings, documentation and logistics
• Finance administration – invoices, credit control, reporting, expenses processing
(experience of implementing and using Xero or similar cloud-based accounting tool would be an advantage)
• Internal IT systems and process management – manage and monitor access to accounts, document and file management, maintain secure client files and data (acting as main point of contact to our outsourced IT support company)
• Collate and maintain sales proposals and contracts, track and follow up on leads
• Basic HR administration back office support to our Consultants, including support with recruitment
• Event management
• Review of internal process to maximise efficiency and quality of delivery
This is a fast-paced role in a growing early-stage company and the above list is not exhaustive. As a member of our small team you will have the opportunity to be involved in a broader range of activities than those described above including potential to develop your skills further, namely in HR consultancy support.
If this is of interest and you would like to be part of our exciting growth journey, please apply with a detailed CV and covering letter to: email@example.com