Vacancy – HR Consultant
To support our ongoing growth Purpose HR are hiring an experienced HR Consultant to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified experienced HR professional to join our fun and welcoming team and to work with some of Scotland’s most exciting and innovative growth businesses across our growing client portfolio.
Purpose HR is a niche provider of HR consultancy services to high growth and early stage businesses. We have taken on a number of new clients recently and are now seeking a high calibre, proactive and qualified senior HR professional to join our team, and help the business scale up and support our growing client base.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented candidate to help take the business to the next level, deliver support and HR consultancy to a range of high growth innovative clients and to help support the mentoring and development of less experienced team members in a fast-paced growing business environment.
We provide a full end to end outsourced HR capability to early stage and high growth businesses. The majority of our clients are investor backed and operate in the technology, engineering and life sciences sectors. Currently our team of 5 consists of Lisa Thomson (Founder), Sara Ferreira-Jeffries (HR Consultant), Victoria Lees (Associate), Rebecca Hastings (Associate – Talent Acquisition) and Wendy Davidson (Ops Support), providing a full range of generalist HR consultancy services to our clients.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• Lead and oversee the provision of practical and actionable, commercially focused advice and recommendations to clients for resolution of day to day HR and employment issues.
• Mentor and support the development of earlier career stage team members – act as first point of contact for technical HR queries and on management support and advice.
• Carry out HR audit reviews and gap analysis projects, analysing client’s current HR frameworks, tools, setup and practice and recommending solutions, changes and practical tools.
• Assist in recruiting, training and management of new team members on behalf of clients.
• Select, implement and manage suitable HR tools and technology solutions on behalf of clients.
• Help establish control systems for compliance with business methods and HR practices.
• Developing, revising and implementing HR policies and procedures and coaching and advising management on the practical application of these within their business.
• Ensuring HR programmes and services are in compliance with established policies and procedures and current legislation – proactively keep abreast of updates and advances in legislation and how this impacts our clients.
• Preparing and maintaining up to date and accurate reports and client files related to specific HR projects.
• Assisting with the development and coordination of recommended changes.
• Developing methods for compiling and analysing data for reports and special projects.
• Conducting audits of HR activities to ensure compliance.
• General administrative support to backfill Consultancy team and fulfil client project needs
• Represent Purpose HR externally at events and act as ambassador to support marketing and sales activities and business growth.
• Effective people skills – builds trust, rapport and confidence with clients and internally within the Purpose HR team – demonstrates integrity to build trust and strong relationships.
• Discretion and an awareness and understanding of strict confidentiality requirements.
• Theoretical knowledge of HR practice and legislative requirements and an understanding of how to translate this into simple, effective and practical advice and tools for clients.
• Consultative and flexible approach – ability to tailor solutions to requirements and take a commercial and client-focused approach to problem solving.
• Communication skills – Ability to explain complex ideas and concepts in a clear and concise, jargon-free manner to clients aligned to their needs and desired outcomes, both written and verbally
• Forward thinking and innovative approach – curious and outward-focused, constantly looking to improve and develop tools, processes and solutions.
• Excellent listening and questioning skills to carefully understand client issues and needs in order to develop and implement tailored solutions and fulfil requirements.
• Responsive and client-focused – recognises the importance of facilitating an excellent client experience and representing the Purpose HR brand externally.
• Remains calm and clear-headed under pressure, capable of balancing multiple tasks and prioritising effectively.
• Solution-focused and flags potential problems or concerns promptly with proposals for resolution.
• Committed to continuous improvement and ongoing learning and personal development.
• Highly organised, diligent and with strong attention to detail.
Candidates should be CIPD-qualified with previous applied experience of HR processes and development and implementation of policies in SME business environment(s).
This is a fast-paced role in a growing early-stage company and the above list of tasks and responsibilities is not exhaustive. As a member of our small team you will have the opportunity to be involved in a broader range of activities than those described above, and to develop your HR and consultancy skills.
If this is of interest and you would like to be part of our exciting growth journey, please apply with a detailed CV and covering letter (including salary expectations) to: email@example.com